Real love is messy. Real love is complicated. In order to find real love, you should know these harsh truths from Ask Reddit.
1. Your spouse isn’t going to be perfect. You’re not going to be perfect. There will be mistakes and misunderstandings. What really matters in a relationship is not being perfect, but how you handle the imperfections of yourself and your spouse in a respectful, reasonable way.
2. When you disagree, remember that you’re on the same team. You’re supposed to fight a problem, not the other person.
3. Always be mindful and thoughtful to that person’s ‘love map.’
Like they might need a quick text every morning when you get to work letting them know you’re safe. Makes ZERO sense to you but knowing it’s something small and means the world to them, well why the hell not?
They might get stressed out and you helping to clean the house for when they’ve finished work might mean more to them than someone else you’ve been with who wanted flowers to show love.
Know what it is that your partner loves and makes them feel loved too.https://51ed2f5ec240b217af6391be4d8f6b76.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
4. In an ideal relationship the contributions are 60-40 where both partners are the one trying to give 60%.
5. Learning how to be bored together is important. You don’t have to be on the go, doing stuff and planning stuff and being fun and exciting all the time. It’s okay to just sit around and not do anything and not talk to each other. It’s not unhealthy. I promise.
6. Relationships are work – they aren’t always fun, you won’t always be madly in love, and you can’t put them on a shelf and ignore them.
7. Sometimes you can give everything you have and be your absolute best self and still have it not be enough for someone.